Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Of course

I don't have much time, the kids will be up and around any minute. My lovely little family loves to sleep in! Yeah for Mommy!

So I quickly have to tell how my son frequently says "Of course." He uses it like yes. Do you want some breakfast - of course. Do you want to watch pooh - of course. Did you wake up your sister - of course. It is so funny to me because I don't think we say "of course" all that much. I can't really even pinpoint why it is such a major part of his current vocabulary. With other words such as "not" I completely understand where he gets it. He uses "not" as a more firm and definite "no." If I try to take something away from him he yells - no no no - NOT. I think this is because I say no A LOT (you would too if you had a two year old), but I only pull out the not word when I am really serious. So phrases like - you will not stand on the back of the chair, you will not feed your sister, you do not hit mommy - are not common but they come out when necessary. So hears not - its the of course business that I can't figure out.

Got to run - he's up - OF COURSE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a cool truck Wes built....Can he build me a Ford Explorer out of wood that works better than the metal one we have now?! lol

Happy New Year Davis Family!!

Steve, Aisling and the boys