Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday night

We are having a quiet and relaxed Saturday night. We watched a kids movie while eating nacho chips and salsa for supper. Wes is bathing the kids now while I (well truthful while I do this but I shouldn't be doing it - hee hee) get the basement cleaned up and ready for movie night.

We had guests last night, Marj and Kayley (a K I think - sorry if I'm wrong Katie - wink wink). We just enjoyed that so much. After they left this morning we wandered over to the neighbors for "Igagks" (Bronwyn's version of Isaac) birthday party. Hard to believe he is already two. Whoo time flies.

We had a nice week. I have enjoyed my family this week. I really liked being a mom and a wife this week - even more than normal. A good week all in all.

The fog of waiting all summer for her surgery and all the drama of our time in Edmonton is lifting from my soul and I am starting to see the world around me. I am excited by things I had just been neglecting for months. I am able to see my way to organizing my world. How does the line go - My future is so bright I've gotta wear shades. Something like that.

Well - I best get my job done so the when the pajama gang descends on the basement I'm ready to start our movie night!

3 comments:

Cathleen Barnstable said...

Glad to hear your spirits are lifting... you and your family have certainly been through more than your fair share these last few months. Am hoping your "need for shades" lasts through winter. Lol.

Anonymous said...

Yes you are great with your little family and deserve some really happy times! We all enjoy your kids and your ability to relax with them. You will have time for other pursuits very soon...little guys grow fast. Thanx for the fun!!

Kim said...

was thinking of you the other day! happy to hear that some "normalcy" is returning to your life! hope you have a great week!
kim