Monday, July 12, 2010

Yikes

Wow - times just goes so fast. I thought that life would slow down and be a bit more relaxed during summer vacation, but it has been pretty fast paced.

Such busy happenings.

We had a 45th anniversary party for my parents on Saturday. Just a small affair. I was so busy planning and getting things organized that I didn't stop too long to think about the occasion. When the dust settled, I have to say that I am so proud of my parents. 45 years is no small accomplishment. Its a big deal in fact.

I can't even begin to express the light that my parents have been in my world. They seem to have no end of love, no shortness of concern, and a huge capacity to enjoy people. I have watched them embrace people and care for them, not just their family, but all sorts of people who have wandered into their lives. I think this is what makes me most proud! I love their giving spirit. As a couple they are amazing ambassadors for God.

Love you lots Mom and Dad.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Your parents are pretty special and they have SUCH a gift for welcoming people and making them feel cared for :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for speaking of those kind words regarding your parents. Not many families can experience such a true blessing of parents marriages. I am blessed with just that as my parents have been married 52 years and my grandparents were married for 63 years. I to hope to have many more wedded years added to my life span. Thanks, Gerri

Carrie Brown said...

That is a sweet post and tribute to your parents Roberta! I hope my children will be able to speak half as fondly of me someday!!