Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oh my goodness time flies

I just realized this evening that it has been over a week since I last posted an entry. Oops.

We have been busy but not THAT busy. I just forget things. Blogging, laundry, children - you know the basics.

Earlier tonight I was doing the dishes after supper. Everyone else was downstairs, Uncle Jon stopped by to eat and play Wii with Gavin (his wife and kids left him - knew if would happen eventually - no fear they will return). I thought Mari was with them. I heard a clunk or two from the general area of the bathrooms and bedrooms. I made my way down, thinking, Mari must be playing in the bedroom. I never dreamt she'd be in the bathroom, we always leave that door shut (unless of course we forget).

The bathroom door was wide open. Mari was standing by the vanity, all sorts of goodies that belong in the vanity drawers scattered around her feet. She looked at me and smiled. She continued to smear, what appeared to be toothpaste, all over her face. I turned around and walked down the hall calling, "Wes, come take care of your daughter."

Ahhh. Mari can make more use of unsupervised time than any other child I have met.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the family picture below! Toothpaste on the face? Maybe Mari will become a groundbreaking dermatologist.