Friday, November 02, 2012

A right of passage

When I think back to my childhood it seems that Halloween was usually snowy. If not snowy, at least very cold. Maybe it wasn't every year but I don't really remember any warm trick or treat outtings.





So now, my kids finally had the opportunity to go out for the neighborhood candy-fest in the snow. Good memories for them too. This year, against our usual custom, I went out with the kids and followed them around. It was good fun.

Mari stood and chatted at almost every door. She stopped and waved and chatted to almost every other person we met as we strolled. It was a great opportunity to meet people, according to Mari. What a girl!

On another front, the new owners took possession of the Wildwood house today, so now we no longer own two homes. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I am very proud of what my husband accomplished.

No comments: