Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Family dinner

I messed up the other night. I made a mistake making supper and it was noticeable. I didn't ruin supper, but it was definitely not a praise worthy meal.

I warned the kids before they sat down. I said, "I know I messed up, and I know its not very good, so just do me the favour of not complaining."

This was met with comments such as, "You didn't mess up Mom, it just needs more salt." Or "I just don't like this supper its not my favourite."

I said, "Andrea (Reid) said I'm a great cook and you kids should show me more appreciation." That is not exactly what she said, but it worked for my purposes at the time.

My oldest child replied, "Yeah, when they come for dinner you cook for hours."

Oh really!! Is that how this is. Huh. Just remember not to tick off the one who prepares your food. Its like these kids haven't read any medieval history!!

No comments: