Monday, February 18, 2008

A few picts





I thought I'd throw some cheery pictures on the blog since I'm not feeling all that cheery today. We are all feeling better and Wes has been helping me with all the house catch-up. So on our front we are all fine.

I am truly struggling today. I had some bad news from an old and dear friend this morning and I feel pretty devestated. There are things in life that I never want those I love to have to face and I would do anything to take it away. But, as good as my intentions I am rendered helpless. I do not have the power to change any of it. All I can do is pray and think, and pray, and cry and think and pray.

I was listening the other day to some women discussing the power of positive thinking. The whole idea that what you imagine and desire for your life is drawn to you because of that thinking.
Now I do believe that this is true in one way but I do disagree in another way. I believe that many things in life happen to you regardless of what your attitude or thoughts. For example, having a child that has a severe illness is always a shock and there is nothing that the parent has done to attract this to their life.
But don't get me wrong I do stronly believe in the power of positive thinking. For me it boils down to a simple thought. I will not let the trials of life define me, I will be defined by how I handle these trials.
I maybe didn't give the thoughts these ladies espoused enough attention so this may be unfair. But for me it is too simple to say "think it and it will be." I am not denying that can happen. But there is a whole big portion of life that falls into the unthinkable!
ps - the spell check isn't working and I am horrid at spelling - so sorry for any errors.

No comments: