Friday, March 27, 2009

Mari is a creep

Well a creeper. She is just one step from crawling - I can't believe the little stinker. I tried to get some video of her with my little camera (I have no clue how to get the footage from the video camera onto my computer) but it was out of batteries - of course!

Other than that we are holding steady. Its been a quiet week. Today we took a long walk that involved the park and cinnamon buns - nice!

We found lots of ice to crack and crunch. It occurred to me that I was teaching my son to dawdle. My best friend, Ali, used to complain that I was a dawdler - well I was. Today I was teaching my son the fine are of taking your sweet time.

This memory lead me down a bit of a trip through my rosy past. I was telling Bronwyn how lucky she is to have lots of girly stuff. I had two older brothers and I often got their hand-me-downs.

I was remembering how in grade 4 Bonnie Nicholson had a Holly Hobbit lunch box. It was beautiful. It had a separate compartment for the sandwiches and fruit and a little thermos for soup as well as juice. Oh, I thought that Bonnie had really arrived. I didn't say anything or act jealous. I had years earlier been the one to inform Bonnie that Santa wasn't real. She didn't take it well, and well I got into T-rub-el! So I minded my business, but secretly I was so jealous. Of course you ask, "Well, what was your lunch box like? I couldn't have been that bad." Well...

I had a bright orange plastic lunch box with a big sticker that read - Get off the track for Eddie Shack. Couldn't get worse eh? Yah.

Anyhow - I appear to be babbling - sorry.

Gavin and Bronwyn were just at the table having a cookie with milk. Bronwyn who really doesn't like milk asked for more. I said really and went for the fridge. She corrected herself and said - "No, not milk, cookie." Sigh.

Oh dear, I best go either rescue Daddy or the kids - not sure yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cinnamon buns? Really? How nice for you!! (a little bit of sarcasm) lol
Hope