Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Back at 'em

So we are back into the swing of things. Tomorrow Gavin will be off for his third day back, while Bronwyn will be back for her first. Dance started up tonight. Gavin's piano will also start next week. So slowly we are getting back into the swing.

I have been tired, but it does feel fairly good to get back to a routine. I LOVED our time off, but well, this is now and I may as well be as happy as I can with it!

January is shaping up to be a busy month, but not crazy busy like December, just nice steady busy. I am determined to make some time for myself. We'll see how I do. I had big plans for September but that was pretty seriously derailed by Mari's inconsistent nap times. Here is another kick at the old can.

I am happy though. Life isn't always easy, but it is always full of joy. I don't like getting up at the crack of dawn (7:00am), but I love sitting down with my girls for a relaxed breakfast after delivering Gavin. I don't like the hassle of running the kids to all their various events, but I love seeing how much they love and respond to these fun activities. Life is, as always, a two sided coin. For today, I am choosing to see the lovely polished shiny side. Tomorrow may be a different story. But, even when I chose to see the ugly side, the lovely side is still there, I have just forgotten to look for it.

I am sure that 2011 will bring the Davis house much laughter, joy, tears, anxiety, drama, wood (there is always wood coming in and out of this house), love, ahhh, mostly love!

God bless you all in 2011, may you feel the warmth of God's love.

2 comments:

Janet said...

"...the lovely side is still there, I have just forgotten to look for it." Love that!

Brandi said...

What's life without a bit of drama? ;)