Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A bit preoccupied






I have been a bit preoccupied lately. We are headed to Edmonton tomorrow. I was asked to put a presentation together for a cardiology conference being held on Friday.

I am nervous! I am not only supposed to speak, but also participate in the balance of the discussions through the day. There are 4 other parents that will be there also. I am excited and totally worried that I won't be able to concentrate or talk intelligently. I deal with wee people all day and a room full of adults having adult discussions is rather intimidating. I guess as long as I don't put anyone in time-out, I should be OK.


I will let you know how it goes. I have included two pictures of my little heart patient. How she started and where she is now. I'll share them with you too.


It has been a long and interesting road. Doing this presentation has forced me to be reflective and to dwell on much that has transpired. All I can say is that I am proud of my family. As I look back at our journey they have each been so great in their own way.


Wes. Well, Wes is our rock. He may be quiet but don't under estimate what he does for his family. He is steady and strong!


Gavin. Wow, Gavin has been so flexible and easy during many stressful times. He really is a joy of a child.


Bronwyn. Sigh, couldn't have asked for a tougher and more resilient little girl. She amazes me.


Mari. YIKES. Mari wasn't around for too much of the drama, but she has brought levity and yes, more drama into our lives.


Me. I do the best I can.


I am blessed. So so blessed. Not only to have my family, but my extended family and friends too.


Most of all, I am thankful. God has given us rich blessings and we thank him.


So, wish me luck!

6 comments:

Julie Reid said...

Good luck :) You will be a superstar! I love both photos of B, she she is so strong and so beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, you will be awesome and so inspiring:)
Vicki

Janet said...

You will do a perfect job of sharing what needs to be shared, I'm absoulutely sure of that. Prayers for you on this adventure. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Angela said...

Wow, that is very cool! Good luck!! Absolutely love the photo of your daughter. She is beautiful!

Drew and Erin said...

What a sweet little girlie you have. It is wild seeing one of those first pictures of her, what a little fighter she is. We are proud of your family too - you have done a beautiful job of giving God control over Bronwyn's heart. Prayers for you for you talk - you will do a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Roberta, you are an inspiration to many without even knowing it. Your personal insight can help so many, not to mention your spiritual view which is what helped your family deal with so much. You will do well and as you said, you have the best family support right there with you. Take care, Gerri & Jack