Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A few pictures




Here is the birthday girl and a picture of the cake. Bronwyn was very specific that she wanted a pink cake with a crown on top. Because it was pretty simple I decided to try using fondant. I bought it - didn't feel up to trying to make it. Don't look to closely. It worked but fondant is likely a more technically demanding icing than I should use, so my inexperience shows BIG TIME.

Bronwyn had her yearly cardiology appointment this morning and she is doing... AMAZING. We are so so so blessed. Dr. Harder said she is the most amazing case of HLHS that she has followed. We are thrilled by her success and are keenly aware of how much worse our lot "should" be.

Gavin is busy playing Mario, he is still in his pajamas. I was hoping to have him go play with one of our neighbors this afternoon since he asked to do that yesterday, but he seems unwilling to get dressed. So there you are.

Mari is (and I'm crossing my fingers as I type this) hopefully having a nap. She doesn't always nap lately. But she can't make it without one, so it makes for a messy late afternoon nap. Seems every kid goes through this. She also does something most other kids do - "Why?" ALL THE TIME.

I frustrated her the other day. I was putting her in the car and she wanted to do her belt and I said, No its too hard. She asked, Why? I said, Because. She said, No me. So I said, Why? She looked up and said, Huh? I said, Why? She replied, Why? I said, Yeah, Why? She said, No. I said, Why? She said, No you why, me why.

The summer is unfortunately winding down and I am starting to make lists of all the things I need to do for school and all the other activities. A rather long list. The one thing about making lists is that if you have no ability to make them happen they just frustrate you. Hmmmph.

2 comments:

Drew and Erin said...

What a sweet little cake you made. You are brave. I love the look of fondant but am TERRIFIED to try it. I think it looks fantastic. You've got an amazing little 5 year old girlie.

Angela said...

Your 'Why?' story cracked me up! Must file away for use in near future. So glad to hear about Bronwyn!