Monday, December 31, 2012

Last post of 2012

2012 has been an interesting year for our family. To be honest, it is not a year I would willing live through again. It was stressful both personally and financially. But am I sorry we lived through it? No.

As I have said after many other struggles in our life, while I would love to undo the painful parts I likely wouldn't as they are what shapes us and makes us who we are.

The "house" dominated our lives last year. Wes was absent most of the year and all of our efforts were poured into that one endeavour. It was very hard on many fronts. I always suspected my husband could do wonderful things with a home if given a chance. The reward I have gained from this last year is confidence in Wes. Now I don't suspect he is good at this, I know he is. And I am very proud of him. I am proud of myself for managing our rather tricky family finances throughout that time. I am proud of my parents for their unfailing love and support. They really truly are exceptional people.

Sorry this is sounding like an award speech.

I guess this year proved that we still have much to learn as a family and as individuals. Did we do everything right this year? No. But we continue to learn and journey. The trick in life is not to think you are ever getting to a point where you have arrived or reached the height of wisdom. Cause as soon as you hit that spot you look up and see another mountain.

I am thankful. We have been richly richly blessed. Our family is healthy and intact. We have lived yet another year with each other, growing and learning.

I was telling Wes this morning that I am thankful God has placed him in my life. Life can be a troubled road and I have been blessed with a wonderful traveling companion. This is truly a blessing.

So, what does 2013 hold for us? No idea.

But bring it on, cause God is with us and he is steadfast and he will sustain.

1 comment:

Julie Reid said...

Lovely and well put as usual :)