Friday, March 23, 2007

I just remembered



There was one important thing I forgot to mention yesterday when I wrote my post. Bronwyn has cut her first teeth. I say teeth because the two bottom teeth are coming in together. She is very tired and a bit cranky this evening - she had her immunizations today. How come a visit to the health nurse not only makes the babies cranky but mommy too?

I also wanted to include these pictures of Gavin painting. He has been asking to paint and pretending to paint for months now. I just wasn't ready to face the whole thing until today. I think we have discovered our son's passion. He was absolutely thrilled! I have been so reluctant to face the mess that comes with it - and then it hit me - I was being a bit hypocritical since every piece of clothing I owned in high school had paint on it. If my Mom could put up with it - so could I.

So he now paints. It is just an issue of convincing him to only paint on paper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Berta! I love hearing stories from your family fun!! So... I hate to say this, but i think I am not coming at Easter now!? Sorry. Maybe you and your clan will head this way someday? Anyway... love you and thanks for sharing your family! Andrea

Anonymous said...

I remember having the same internal struggle when Trenton was that age. To paint or not to paint. It IS a mess, but the joy they get from it is worth it!
Sheri

Lady J said...

Hi! I went to highschool with Lin and Angela in Stoon and remember them talking about you! I now live in Calgary too, and Lin stayed with me Fri PM before heading up to your place on Sat AM, and she showed me your blog...and I haven't been able to stop reading it since!!! Your story of courage and faith is amazing, and your kids are beautiful! I will be adding your family to my prayer list and I have a feeling I will be leaving more comments on your blog too!

Jeannette