Wednesday, March 07, 2007

We argue all the time

So the latest thing with Gavin is he loves to argue. It doesn't matter over what and how factual the argument happens to be - what a Bailey!

Here is how one of our latest conversations went:
G- Mommy whats this?
M- It is a swimsuit.
G- No, not a swimuit.
M- Yes, it is a swimsuit.
G- No, no swimuit.
M- OK then, it is not a swimsuit - what is it?
G- Soup.
M- Oh, it is soup.
G- No, its a swimuit.
M- Alright then!

So you see it is all about the ability to say No to Mommy. This is part of his endeavour to work his world so it is best for him. At dinner tonight he wasn't eating his food (odd for him). He stood in his chair and said "All done - izcream." I said "No - you haven't even touched your food." He bent down put his hand on his food and said "Touch, touch."

Bronwyn is still doing great - she slept almost 4 1/2 hours in her own bed last night - a record since her surgery! She is getting so chatty and smiley. It is so fun to watch her blossom into a little missy.

Wes and I keep trudging on, hoping for more sleep.

5 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

OK, now I'll say it- we're living in the same world. All day if I said "yes" it was NO! or "no" was met with YES! Constantly! I had to kind of laugh at the touch thing. They are so smart! But definitely not funny (snicker, snicker)- he can't see that from here can he?

Is he nice with his sister? I hope so. Ivan is constantly grabbing things and telling her NO! for even looking at him. Lord help us! (seriously)

Anonymous said...

Hey Roberta,
I know how you feel. This is an argument that Hunter had with Darrin when Hunter was almost three.

Darrin: “See that, it’s a mosquito”
Hunter: “No. It’s a grasshopper.”
D: “I am pretty sure it’s a mosquito.”
H: “Well, I don’t know what that is, but it sure isn’t a mosquito.”

Good memories!
Hope

lemoinechek said...

Sleep, I think it is the most precious commodity in the world after you have kids! Jude sleeps through the night now, but I still get up in the night because I can't believe he's still sleeping!

I hope you're able to get some rest, and it is great to hear that Bronwyn and Gavin are doing fine.

I loved the "touched your food" story. How can you be mad when they're so smart?

Lin said...

I don't recall too many arguements like that with Harley but Jac is definitely making up for it. She isn't even two yet and she already has the "no" down pat. Everything is no, whether it is something she wants to do or not. I'm with Ang, Lord help me!! Please!

Nicolle said...

So was it a swimsuit?

Suspense suspense...