Friday, March 30, 2007

I am a nerd


But the important thing is that I know it. I have to admit that I have always been a nerd. Navigating my nerdiness has been my life's work. It has been particularly hard since I have often had very cool friends. One of my friends always prefaces every story she tells with "You'll get a kick out of this, well I think you will."

Today I had an experience that drove home just how "uncool" I am.

I was driving with the kids out to see Gramma and Pops. I was playing a CD for Gavin. It is a cd that Pops made for him. He found a way to copy an old record that he had onto a cd. It is an old children's record by Roger Whittaker. I found myself almost in tears listening to my son sing along with songs that I remember from my childhood.

Now that story should have shown that I am sappy not nerdy - except did you read it closely - we were listening to Roger Whittaker. I am, I have to admit, a Roger Whittaker fan. I am not proud of it but it is undeniable I have liked his singing and music most of my life.

What chance do I have at being cool!!

Oh, well - one super cool thing that happened this week is that we stopped giving Bronwyn shots twice a day. Now her meds are all oral meds.

So I may not be cool, but so far my kids are. (Not to mention my husband - he is the definition of cool!)

1 comment:

Eric said...

The Roger Whittaker songs I have are not kids songs...

I loved watching her react in the video