Saturday, June 09, 2007

Food goes away



I had, for the first time in a long time, planned to do something for myself today. I had signed up to take a course. It wasn't all day, but a chunk of the day. I was quite excited by the prospect of doing something that I am interested in - just me no one else.


But alas, Bronwyn started throwing up last night and had not stopped by this morning - so I had to call and cancel. Of course it was the only choice I could make but I was actually disappointed. That may sound selfish but I sort of felt that fate was conspiring against me. I had made plans to be away, organized Bronwyn's food, put Mom and Dad on stand by to help Wes if needed - everything was looked after. I was going to be wild and crazy and go out on my own. My one and only chance was smashed by a wee sick little girly. Trust me the emotions of worry for her and wanting to help her were far stronger than the pang of self pity!


We hadn't had a very good night and Bronwyn was a bit better through the day but still throwing up. Finally this evening she seemed to be finally better. My biggest relief is that she kept her medicine down. We were just breathing a bit sigh of relief when Gavin cried out from his room and he had thrown up in his bed.


I was holding him after he threw up the second time and was saying how nasty it is to be sick. He explained to me that "the food goes away." Well it indeed does that - doesn't it?


So we are for now tired and likely to be worse tomorrow...

1 comment:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

healing, healing to your home! your words are so contrary to the pics which are sublimely beautiful. Ivan's had fever all weekend and we're calling the doc tomorow (we missed a big outing too- a kidz fest I was really excited to take the kids to and had rearranged my life for)- woo ooo wooo ooo- we're in the twilight twin life zone again!