Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Canada Day

We didn't wave a single flag today. Sorry but it is true. In fact I barely knew it was Canada day. I guess for me the days just blend together into on big attempt to get more sleep!

We did, however, have a wonderful day. We went to church, went for lunch (the kids behaved - whoohoo), watered Mom and Dad's plants and went to a gardening centre. When we got home I cut more of the hedge down and weeded while Wes and Gavin made a bird house out of sticks. Bronwyn was napping during this time - a long nap - this is why she is in a mood to party now. Maybe she wants to make the most of her first Canada Day.

I even got to watch a show on TV that interested me - although it was a total bore to everyone else in the family. It was about the great lodges of the Rockies. I just have to admit I love all the grand lovely old hotels that are scattered about in the mountains. If I had more money I'd stay at one every other weekend! But alas we are just wealthy enough to squander all our money on home improvements!

Well I think I should try to get our youngest offspring to go to sleep.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Isn't it great to live in a country where we don't have to wave a flag to show our appreciation, loyalty or whatever?