Friday, July 13, 2007

Our weekend





One of the gals from our prenatal classes lives near a lake and often invites the rest of us to join them. We met Friday morning and had some fun splashing about and digging in the sand. The kids had fun too. Ha ha - just kidding. Bronwyn is not much of a beach girl at this point. She was not overly impressed with the sand - although she did seem to think it tasted pretty nice.

Yesterday the kids and I went for a walk with my friend Katherine in Fish Creek Park - it was too hot. Then we went to help celebrate Cadence's first birthday.

Sleeping continues to be an issue in our house. Mommy is just getting more and more tired. I seem to be on strike as the dishes aren't done, neither is the laundry or the floors or the groceries. Wow - what have I been doing with my time! Certainly not house cleaning.

But miracles of miracles Bronwyn slept through the night last night - that was the longest she has slept since before her second surgery! Of course it still wasn't a breeze as I woke up at one point with Gavin 2 inches from my face with a pillow lifted over my head! AHHHH! He was coming to sleep with us - not kill his Mommy - I was quite relieved.

Today we went to Auntie Jon's house (that just kills me - seriously) after church and Gavin played like a maniac with his cousins. Then we drove over to Mom and Dad's house where Tom and Pam and kids were visiting and he again played with his big cousins like a maniac. So we brought home one very tired little boy this evening.




1 comment:

Julie Reid said...

Love, love, love the pillow story!! He and Josslyn could be related, or at least start a drama filled toddler support group. You crack me up. Great to see you Friday. Thanks for letting my boy make advances on Bronwyn in the shade!