Monday, July 09, 2007

Happenings




It is amazing how something little can completely change your life. Well - this may be overstating it but really it can feel that way.

We got a new stroller. It is a double stroller and fits both kids. It is super! A good friend of mine, Andrea, had tried about 4 different double strollers and finally ended up getting this brand. So I just trusted her judgement and got the same kind. It is super and we are more mobile now. Wes and I took the kids for a long walk on Saturday. In fact today is the first day since we got it last week that I haven't used it. I didn't use it today only because I didn't want the crazy wind sweeping my daughter away.

Speaking of daughters - lately (and I have to admit I have no clue where this comes from but...) when Gavin is doing something naughty and gets caught he runs away mumbling in a gruff voice - Fodder daudders. Translation - father daughters! What the hey? Who knows what the heck that is about.
OK - so one more Gavin story for today. Today Bronwyn was eating and I was getting something in the kitchen, Gavin who was finished was wandering about (menacing I call it). Bronwyn suddenly started to cry so I came flying in the room. Gavin ran from the scene in a guilty way. I asked what he did he said in a very sweet voice- I hit de Bronwyn, but its OK I did it nizely.

Little missy has crawled over to me as I type. Her little personality is just blossoming.

This weekend and today were cooler than last week, which was a relief. Wes has dreams of getting a place in Mexico where we will go and spend big amounts of time. I hate to admit I am not very supportive of this dream - for two reasons. One I am cheap and two I don't like the heat.

2 comments:

Ian said...

The story of Gavin hitting his sister reminds me of when Andrew was 4 or 5 and he kicked another kid. I asked him (very sternly of course) why he had kicked him. "Because he was going to hit me first," was his reply.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Isn't it funny how at this age they just tell you what they did that was bad when asked. They haven't totally figured out deception when caught- thank goodness! Like it isn't hard enough as it is!