Friday, July 25, 2008

Camping






The kids and I have just returned from a very nice camping trip with my Mom and Dad. We didn't go far from town, which was good since I had to come in yesterday for a doctor's appointment. It was super nice. Gavin has been asking his Daddy and Grandpa to take him fishing forever. So finally Pops took him fishing. Gavin was very excited by it and taken with it - even if his actual fishing time was minimal. Bronwyn went hunting for different flora and fauna with Grandma while the boys fished.

I had expected pretty ugly weather for the whole trip but other than Wednesday night we had beautiful weather. Pops made the kids a fire last night and they tried roasting marshmallows. Bronwyn didn't really enjoy that activity so much - I think she can't see the sense in wrecking a perfectly good marshmallow by cooking it.

The whole experience was great fun and the kids are just exhausted tonight - even after a nap on the way home.

I feel tired but very refreshed. The kids napped yesterday afternoon and Mom and I sat outside and chewed the fat. It was truly relaxing. My only regret is that Wes wasn't able to come as someone has to worry about feeding the family and paying the bills. Next time we will make sure Daddy comes too.

No comments: