Sunday, December 07, 2008

Snowy day

The kids and I were going to go to Mom and Dad's after church for lunch, as usual. But... when we arrived home to drop Wes (who was going to stay home and work in the basement) I couldn't get our van up the ever so slight incline on our street. It had started snowing more seriously while we were at church and the roads got much worse. Since I couldn't move anywhere I decided that staying home was the best option.

Wes is out right now with Gavin helping Natasha and Max build a snow man. Yup it is actually snowman worthy snow - odd for Calgary - so we try to enjoy it when we can.

I am snug in side listening to Mari cry - yes I know Mari, I'll feed you right away.

We went out last night to Joan's in Airdrie for the festival of lights. They had fireworks which the kids loved. We also had a little train ride and hot chocolate. So a very nice night in all. Gavin said it was just like an adventure.

On Friday I had a very good laugh. Bronwyn was playing beside me while I was checking emails etc on the computer. She had a pencil and I heard her say in a stern voice. "Hey, hey - you time out." And she stuck the pencil by the corner of the desk. Ha. I found that funny.

Oh, hey the snow man is almost as tall as Wes. Good work gang!!

No comments: