Monday, December 28, 2009

Craziness






We have been enjoying a very fun Christmas. The kids were just so cute Christmas morning. For my part it has been just jam packed with all sorts of fun. And by fun I mean, organizing, cleaning, picking up paper, doing dishes etc. Such a break from my normal routine. I should likely do a smiley face here so you all know I am joking (sort of).

Visiting and more visiting. Christmas morning the kids were excited but the real excitement came on Boxing day morning. We stayed over at Mom and Dad's Christmas night. The kids woke up very early and had to be confined in the basement. They were so excited too... wake up Grandpa! Yup. They were more excited by that than presents.

We came home Boxing day and had Brad and his girl friend Marcya (I think that is how it is spelled) that evening. We had a wonderful visit. We really like Marcya and Brad seems very happy, which makes us happy.

The following day we finally had a day to just dork around. Playing with their gifts and doing projects. We tried to take the kids skating but had to delay it an hour or two as Gavin's skates were too small and he needed new ones. We did get them out eventually. Bronwyn is not liking the whole skating experience yet. She just screamed and cried until we took her to sit down and removed her skates. She is not our adventurous child. Gavin is doing a bit better. I think we'll try to get him out a fair bit in the next few weeks so he can get used to the whole deal.

This morning we packed up the kids and headed out on an outing with the Watts family. We went out to Sandy McNabe and skated, tobogganed, had a fire and roasted wieners, drank hot chocolate etc. In true Watts fashion the toboggan hill was a bit on the deadly side. This didn't rattle me as our childhood was filled with very dangerous hills to throw ourselves down. I guess we just repeat the patterns from our childhood - or so I've heard.

The kids had a great time and they all crashed on the way back. Thankfully Mom was with us to help keep me awake (and remind me to slow down for turns and cars etc.). Mari was so good and she actually had a wonderful time. Carissa pulled her around on the sled for a long time. Mari was just all grins.

A lovely day - and now everyone is bagged.

Bring on the New Year - we can take it, I'll just likely sleep through the first month or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday - I will be updating my own blog within the next couple of days or so!
kim