Thursday, December 31, 2009

Strangely introspective

I'm feeling a bit inward today. Mainly because I'm super sick again. I'm frankly just tired of this. I told a good friend the other day that I feel like three years of pent up stress is just coming out of me. Why it has to come out as snot is beyond me!


But the odd thing is I wouldn't have described myself as being particularly stressed over the last few years. Yes, there have been stressful moments but I don't think I function on a level of high stress all the time. So either this theory is wrong or I suck at introspection.


I think the second is likely true. I hate to think that I might not be a "deep" person, but really there is a very good chance that I am not an inwardly deep person. I think the main thing that matters is not how a person feels but what they do. That is my philosophy. So if I can control my actions I can control my feelings - right? I dunno! All I know is that I'm sick and it sucks!


No one else is sick, just me.


I am hoping though that 2010 is a great year for the Davis family. Every even year for the last six years we've had another child. Gavin 2004, Bronwyn 2006, Mari 2008. Don't expect this to reoccur for 2010.


Our plans for 2010 are pretty simple. We hope to stay healthy, to learn and grow as a family and to experience new adventures. Nothing earth shattering. Just being a family and living life day by day. I know it is good to have a plan but to be honest all we can really live is one moment at a time. That is our aim.


I do have some plans but they are simple. I'd like a new bike so as the kids get better at biking I can keep up with them. I may need to practice a bit otherwise I'll get left behind.


I'd love to get my storage room cleaned out and sorted.


I'd like to loose a few pounds, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to change my diet or my lifestyle - so that could be hard.

But for the most part we just hope to keep on as we already are. Hanging on to what happiness life brings and dealing with the struggles that also come our way.

May God bless your homes richly in the New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, Roberta. I'm actually taking a break from cleaning our storage room to read your blog. Ha ha! I moved my elliptical out of the storage room (it was only there over Christmas) and I would like to lose a few pounds too, but magic really would be the only way. Take it easy and enjoy life! Sounds good to me!
Hope