Tuesday, September 28, 2010

No pictures again

I know I have pictures, I just don't have the time to go and download them. And I can't blame Peggle this week. It has been just crazy around here. I mean busy crazy, add that to the usual craziness of this house and it makes for an AGGGHHHHH!

Mari removed her pajamas and diaper this evening and proceeded to pee on the carpet. I caught her in the act. Now, with a dog I would rub its nose in the pee to make the point that it shouldn't do it again. I'm aware that one shouldn't do this with a child, but then what does one actually do? Does one just hope the kid figures out that the toilet is the bowl in the bathroom and not the flat indoor/outdoor in the basement or do you do something more "proactive?" Like yell in a frantic voice, "No, no not there. Not there. That is not a toilet, no pee, not there." Will that work? I guess time will tell.

Tuesdays are our BUSY days. Gavin has piano after school, Bronwyn has ballet just before supper. Gavin is loving his piano lessons, he is doing really well. We do his practice in the morning before school and he is super good about it.

Bronwyn loves her ballet classes too. Its pretty sweet. She is really loving preschool. Yesterday, they took advantage of the beautiful fall weather and took the kids to a park. She thought that was pretty spectacular. She got tired, the younger teacher carried her home. They spoil her there too!!

I went to the dentist today, but if I talk about it I'll launch into a diatribe on why I distrust dentists and could dental hygienists be any more condescending, which might offend some readers, so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

So life plugs along.

Every now and then I go back in time and reread blog entries. I particularly like to go back and see what we were doing at this time last year, or in 2007 etc. It seems impossible that this time last year we were in Edmonton for Bronwyn's surgery. Seems a million years ago. Just a memory that I have pushed so far back it seems like I just imagined it.

But it was real and she did do it and she is now amazing! We are truly so thankful.

2 comments:

Joan Bailey said...

You are too funny.I am sure your words to Mari were just right. I am sure she understood and will comply forever after. At least if she doesn't she will have a mischievous twinkle in her eye, and what to you say to that.

Card Counting Books said...

I suggest you to come on a site on which there is a lot of information on this question.