Sunday, October 17, 2010

Big bad birthday bash



So we celebrated Mari's birthday yesterday. It was a fun affair. Things got a bit out of hand in the back yard. Some how, Jon and Scott ended up supervising all the kids. Not what I'd recommend. Good news is no one got hurt!

Mari was so excited. She seemed to get that all the presents were for her.

She loved her cake. Bronwyn decided she wanted Mari to have a monkey cake. I thought it was because we call her a little monkey and even Monkeydoodle. But when I asked her why a monkey cake she responded, "Because she looks like a monkey." She'll make a fine big sister. Right Aunt Mary?

The pictures aren't very good, and there weren't many as the battery died mid party. Oh well, she's the third child her expectations can't be too high.

5 comments:

erinlo said...

I love how you talk about your kids, Roberta. You're a good mama. Happy birthday to Mari!!

Brandi said...

When my brother was turned 5, I told my mom to make him a 'Hulk' birthday cake. She said something like 'aww aren't you a nice big sister?' and I replied with 'no it's because he's too pudgy.'
Nice.

Anonymous said...

That is perfect big sister material.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the cake, Roberta! I look forward to my girls being creative mommies and making special cakes that the babies will remember. I know that my girls still talk about some of their special cakes that I made for them. Take care, Gerri

Anonymous said...

I love the monkey cake and, oh, boy, don't kids just say the darndest things!!!
Vicki