Thursday, October 07, 2010

Side tracked

I was on the way to having my most productive day ever. I was at Walmart by 10 am, with the girls. Which is huge, considering I dislike shopping and I dislike Walmart shopping even more. I had things that needed doing and I was going to do them. I had a plan to come home and do some really ugly jobs, like filing.

I told Bronwyn we could stop at the Tim's just passed the checkout counter and get a Timbit and coffee (coffee was for me). My cell phone rang, something my cell phone never does.

It was the school, Gavin was sick, could you come and get him, after talking to him. He cried when he told me he was sick. So there I was crying in the line as the teller asked if my sick child was in grade one. How did he know that? He told me he had a younger brother in grade one. I questioned whether that was physically possible, but it is a new world we live in.

Anyhow, I had to race home and get the boy, and then go by a Tim's as promised, so Bronwyn wouldn't have a fit. Home we arrived. I managed to do some pretty basic cleaning chores, but other than that NOTHING! So much for my ambition. Ahhh. Gavin was much perkier this morning, but I'll still keep him home tomorrow as he wasn't perky enough.

2 comments:

Julie Reid said...

Poor Gavin! Poor Mommy! Hope he is feeling better! Loved all your beautiful fall pictures!

erinlo said...

AHHH!!! It always happens that way, doesn't it? Poor Gavin. I do hope he's feeling better!

And I, also, enjoyed all the fall pictures. It's fall here, as well and I love this time of year.