Saturday, June 04, 2011

Saturday morning thoughts

I'll blame this post on the fact that I haven't had my second cup of coffee, nothing really works until I do.

I just had this conversation with Gavin:

Gavin - Mom, do you know what I would do if I was in a hot air balloon and it was falling to the ground.
Me - No, what would you do?
Gavin - I'd go down and scream.
Me - That is likely what I would do too son.

Yesterday I was trying to get Wes on the phone and couldn't get him. He'd set it down somewhere and he couldn't hear it. He does this fairly frequently, I don't find it annoying at all.

Anyhow, I left him a message and it went like this:

There once was a good man named Wes.
Who often put his wife to the test.
When he wasn't home.
He'd not answer his phone.
And that would be my husband WES.

So, see what happens when you don't answer your phone honey. It results in poetry that we will both regret!

Off to have my coffee. Hope your day is less rainy than ours.

4 comments:

Drew and Erin said...

Smart boy that Gavin!

Ian said...

Not too bad a limerick; I'll give you a "C"!

Davis Family said...

Ian, I was waiting for the literaty critics to weigh in. I figure if I can get a "c" for about 20 seconds of work that is not too bad. I promise not to do it again though!! Ha.

Anonymous said...

Your posts are so funny, i wish I could write down some of the interesting things my little Erin says, because her teacher always has a story for me everyday when I pick her up from school. Love reading your blog
Cousin Kathy