Saturday, May 11, 2013

This is the weekend...

that the Davis family learns to bike!

Gavin was riding his bike last summer, but was having a hard time starting and stopping. Mainly because I bought a bike that was too big for him (ahem). Last night he tried his bike for the first time this year. I helped him get going and that was it. He is riding like a pro. He's riding as confidently as a kid who has been doing it for three years!! Ataboy!

Bronwyn's little bike was broken so we needed to get her a new one. A neighbor offered one of their old bikes. I was worried because it didn't have training wheels, but she seemed to want it. We brought it home and I helped her for about two minutes in front of our house. When daddy got home she asked if he'd help her. So out they went.

I was inside with Mari, who was still getting suited up. They were out for about 5 minutes. Gavin came in and yelled, "Mom, Bronwyn is riding her bike with Dad just jogging beside her." I grabbed a camera and ran.



She is still having some steering and getting started issues, I think the bike is a bit heavy for her. But once again she has amazed us!! She is so determined and just works so hard. I never thought getting my little girl (heart condition and all) to balance on a bike would be so easy. Specially after the drama of trying to teach Gavin to ride a bike (sorry buddy).

Mari has been flying on her little run bike, her balance is amazing and she has no fear. So she'll be riding in no time, I just don't want to get her a normal bike until Bronwyn has had her turn to get comfortable.

I'm going to need to get myself a bike now so I can keep up. I just need to find a really wide seat for my ample butt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day!
Vicki