Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The dress

We have a wedding reception to go to in a couple weeks. I have hardly any clothing. Since I have put on a few pounds - ahem, and had kids and live in an eensie wee house with no storage, clothing has been low on my priorities. I have 3 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of capris (one which somehow shrunk in my closet over the winter) and two skirts. None of my tops are good enough out anywhere were the lighting is strong enough to show the stains.

So... now what do I do?

In couple weeks I'll be celebrating a new couples love for each other in tight capris and a stained and frayed dress t-shirt??

Off to the mall to buy a new dress. A process that I find utterly demoralizing, since I have obtained the figure of a slug with large boobs.

I was able to find two dresses, one of which is pretty straight forward. The other is tricky. I seemed deceptively easy at the store, but this is one tough dress.

It has a full body slip thing since the outer fabric is fairy sheer. It is attached at the shoulders so it would seem it would be pretty straight forward.

It took me five tries to get it right. Some of the combinations included the dress on backwards, the slip twisted, the slip inside out inside the dress (right way on), and the dress around my shoulders but stuck behind my neck. At one point, I thought I would have to have help getting it off, but my kids had gone to the park at the end of the street.

I considered yelling, "Gavin, Bronwyn, Mari, come help your mom, she is stuck in a dress." But I thought twice about it.

I did finally get it on right and off again. Wow!

I hope I don't have to go shopping again for clothes for myself now for another 3 or 4 years!

No comments: