Monday, May 05, 2014

Snowy weekend

It isn't really that big of a surprise that we should have snow in early May. That is pretty typical for Calgary. But... we had so much snow this year and winter was so long that it is just adding insult to injury.



We still managed to have a fair bit of fun. Well, the adults painted a lot but the kids managed to keep busy. Wes allowed Gavin to pick out his own paint for his room. I had selected a few options and wanted him to pick from those options and I thought he had chosen. But he went with his dad to the paint store and return with SUN yellow. Seriously the brightest paint you could ever imagine!! Honestly. So now I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the paint without blinding everyone in the family.

Bronwyn has been quite tired and I am just watching her. I'd love to see her perk up soon.

Mari is slightly more argumentative than normal. She really doesn't seem to understand that I am the Mom and that gives me a natural authority. To her I am just a person to be negotiated with and eventually overruled so she can get what she wants. Little tyrant!

The kids are anxious for "summer to come back" as they say it. Me too. They all have bikes, and in fact I bought myself a bike too. YEAH! So I have to get back in the swing so I can try and keep up with them. We also got them roller blades. They all did in-line skating classes at school and they loved it, so we got some skates so they could carry on learning.

Bronwyn was at the doctor the other day. I'm not sure he believed me when I said that she was out of her scooter and bike most evenings. Until he got a look at her shins and her knees, then he laughed and said, "I guess all the bruises and scrapes are from being on your bike and stuff?" Well, and who knows maybe her sister has kicked her in the shins a few times. Who knows!

We are looking forward to May long weekend. Yes we are that desperate right now!!

No comments: