Monday, October 01, 2007

Bird sightings






Yesterday, in the afternoon Wes and I took the kids to Fish Creek park. There is a spot where the river is really calm and there are lots of rocks. There is just a bit of a steep embankment to get to that spot. So I don't take the kids by myself, but because Wes was there we took them.

We were playing by the water when Wes said - Look an eagle. We all stopped and stared (there was a Russian family near by too). It couldn't have been more than 20 feet off the water. The thing was massive. It was a bald eagle too.

It was so close that we could hear its wings beating! It was absolutely amazing. I don't think I have ever seen an eagle so close. It perched on the opposite side of the creek at the top of a large cliff. I took a picture but my point and shoot camera doesn't have a very good zoom. I cropped it in closer with photoshop but it is pretty rough. But you can tell its an eagle.

WOW!

Isn't it amazing when we have a chance encounter with a very special sight? Last week when I had the kids in Fish Creek park we saw a baby snake - I wasn't quite so excited by this!

No comments: