Sunday, October 07, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend

It is Thanksgiving weekend and we are stuffed with turkey and other goodies. Why do we celebrate holidays with food? I don't know but it sure tastes good.

We are so thankful for so much in our lives. We are thankful for our kids, for our families, for our friends, for our Country, for our jobs, for our health... The list just goes on. We are particularly thankful that our friends Kim and Ben welcomed their new little girl Ryan (hope I spelled that right) safely.

Saying you are thankful can sound very trite. It is the sort of thing that sounds empty compared to how it feels. God has been very gracious to our little family and he has blessed us more richly than I had ever imagined. There is no way to communicate this. Perhaps I could ask you to sit and reflect and count your blessings for a minute. I'll wait.

See that feeling - that is how we feel!

Thanks!

No comments: