Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Checking in

It would see I have fallen off the blog wagon. It has been close to two weeks since checking in. We have been very busy, doing... well whatever it is that keeps us busy. Yesterday we had an enforced slow day. Mommy was TIRED. So the kids were forced to watch TV and movies and do low energy activities - whether they wanted to or not.

We seem to have had so many activities and things going on that every morning Gavin asks, "Where are we going today? Who is coming to see us?"

The kids and I and my friend Val and her daughter Megan went to Heritage Park last week. The kids enjoyed it and we even took a ride on an old train. Gavin loved that. Of course I didn't take my camera - too bad it was a fun time.

We have been having the war of the poop with Gavin. I thought we had crossed that bridge but... well he threw us a curve ball last week and we were back in the world of trying to get a 3 year old to poop. There are a few basic truths that I have learned in life. #1. Accept it - you will pay taxes, #2. The laundry will pile up again no matter how much you did last Saturday, #3. There is no way to make someone poop who doesn't want to poop.

I will say that we seem to be coming through the other side of the battle - scarred but still standing.

Bronwyn hasn't been giving us much trouble - she really is a model child - well as long as she gets whatever she wants, when she wants it. The only real issue is that she has definite preferences for certain colours but calls them all yellow. So she will have a fit because I have given her a yellow spoon. She'll cry, "yellow, yellow." Finally I'll dig out a pink spoon and she'll nod and move on like the world is now in perfect harmony again. Keeps Mom guessing!

She is also having her first official swim lessons. They split the time between the large pool and the small teach pool. The large pool is very cold and she spends the entire time climbing up my neck trying to keep her body as far out of the water as possible. As soon as we go in the warm shallow kiddie pool she starts playing and frolicking. It really is funny.

Wes is doing well too - he has been so busy. He has been working almost every night on the deck or the basement. We just have so much work to do before baby #3. Not only has he been working like a slave he has also been very tolerant of his occasionally emotional, cranky and somewhat hormonal wife. I think he may deserve a medal! Well, he gets my vote for best husband.

Bronwyn has her bi-yearly check up with her Cardiologist on Thursday. I am anxious to see how things are going. She seems so good, but there is always a little fear lurking - wondering what they will find when they do the echo. She can seem great on the surface but we don't really know what is going on inside. So hopefully all will be great.

The little miss turns two on Friday. Crazy business how quickly time passes.

Well - I best go read a book with missy. The little man is in bed reading books with Daddy right now. I should be doing the same with Bronwyn.

No comments: