Wednesday, February 04, 2009

We've been sick




First Gavin got it. Then Bronwyn. Now Mari has it. "It" is a bad head cold with a heck of a cough. Gavin is the one who seems to have been the hardest hit so far. Although the hardest for me is listening to Mari hack. There is something just so scary about a baby with a bad cough. Gavin is on the mend today though.

Gavin's preschool is doing skating classes once a week through February. Today was his first class. He hasn't been a skating enthusiast up to this point. In fact, he generally tires of it quickly and wants to quit. I think doing the classes and forcing him to stay for the full hour will really help. He was still pretty tired today and got frustrated easily. At one point he was laying on the ice refusing to get up, saying - I quit! I quit!

I thought I'd upload a couple pictures. I love the one of Gavin with his new buddies from church. Wilson and Sarah and their kids met us at Mom and Dad's for supper last Friday night. Gavin had a blast playing with them.

The following night we went over to Max's house (I guess Matt and Natasha's house in reality) for pizza. It was great fun too. Sunday was the usual fun at Mom and Dad's. That was followed by two days of coughing and tissues! Wow - what an awful lot of tissues.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear by putting Vicks on the bottom of your feet and your kids too to help you sleep and not cough. I lather it on just before hopping into bed and cover my feet with socks, of course. If I walk around with Vicks on my feet it doesn't seem to work. Jill said it worked for her but not Charlotte. It works for all my kids. Hope you all feel better soon.
Hope

Davis Family said...

My question is how did you discover this trick Hope?

Anonymous said...

John's Dad did this with John & his sibs when they were growing up. Does this make it fall into the old husband's tale category? I had passed it on when I was downtown working and one of the ladies who uses it on her kids a lot (and the kids ask for it) sent an email where there was actually some research to back it up. I've lost my email temporarily with our computer crash and will try to find it when I get it back.
Brenda C.
p.s. LOVED your effort to have Gavin in class yesterday. He is such a charmer.