Friday, April 17, 2009

Conversations with Gavin

My son talks - a lot! A LOT!

The other day in the car we had a discuss that went sort of like this.

G - Mom... Mom... Mom, Mom, Mom...
Me - WHAT!
G - Grandpa has a magic marker.
Me - Yes he does and they are for use only on paper. They won't wash off if applied to walls or hands or anything at all. So only paper right?
G - Right. I know that - I know everything. Markers are for using ... (this is where I zone out for a rather long rambling description of something or other)... but that is why God made bathtubs. To wash the marker off.
Me - Oh is that so?
G - Yes, and he made magic markers - just for fun.

The other day he was made to clean up the big mess he made in the living room. We had a discussion that went like this:

Me - Clean this mess up Gavin.
G - Why should I have to do it.
Me - You made the mess you clean it up.
G - (Murphing and mumbling) I don't know why I should have to do your job.
Me - What?
G - This is hard and you should have to do it.
Me - Daddy, intervene NOW!

This is a chat that he and Grandpa had after returning from a brief road trip.

Pop - Gavin, tell your mommy what big birds we saw.
G - oh, ahhh...
Pop - Remember... they were...
G - oh, big white ones with black beaks.
Pop - Yes, what were they called?
G - oh, ahhh... I forget.
Pop - They were geese - s.., sn.... sn.... geese (helping him out)
G - SNOT!
Pop - No not snot - snow geese.

Ah - fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great fun Berta! Here is a snip of conversation from Hunter to Dawson as they were sent to their room....again, yesterday. "Dawson if you would just do what I want we wouldn't be in this situation!" I just laughed, because if I don't say that exact thing, I sure think it!
Hope

Anonymous said...

Ha, just today my 5 year old didn't want to eat lunch at lunch time so about 1:30 he decided he was hungry. I told him the leftover lunch was in the fridge and he could get it out and warm it up. To which he said, "why do I always have to do everything?" Hmmmmm.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! We are actually showing your post on a large screen t.v. so that Shibu's parents can read all the great stories and see your beautiful kids.
Thank God for technology!

Hugs,
Shibu and Claudia