Monday, April 06, 2009

Funny story

OK - I wasn't going to share this story because it is just mostly silly. But...

Yesterday Wes brought up a load of laundry for me to fold. As I folded it I started noticing funny blue stains on it. He thought something dark must have bled into it, but it didn't look like a bleed. Then I noticed that it seems sort of stiff, like it was some type of liquid that spilled on the clothes. I pulled out the clothes that were affected to soak them and see if I could get the stains out.

Tonight he went down to investigate and see if anything was dripping on the clothes. He came in and asked me, "Are you sure you didn't spill anything on that load?" I answered, "It doesn't have to be my fault does it? I know something went wrong but why do you assume its my fault?" Hee hee - I guess I am argumentative - ahem.

His question got me thinking. Finally I said, "Wes, you know these stains look like the liquid laundry detergent that I add. Do you think that I could have forgotten to turn on the machine after adding the soap?" Since Wes put the load in the dryer for me I then asked, "Could you have then put the wash in the dry without noticing that it was dry and hadn't been run?" The a-hah light went on and he said, "I thought the clothes seemed pretty dry."

So between the two of us we managed to pull off something quite amazing - the good news is that we did all the work and the clothes are still dirty. Ha ha - somehow not so funny.

2 comments:

erinlo said...

OK- I'm laughing SO HARD! That is so something that would happen in my house. Sorry you had to do all the work twice!

Julie Reid said...

Oh Roberta! That is the BEST story! Don't we all have those moments :)You are just excellent in seeing the humor and telling the story.