Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sobering thoughts

I have not been able to watch the news, particularly of the earthquake in Haiti. In fact, although I have been very interested I have repeatedly changed the channel if the news comes on. Not until the kids were asleep in their beds did I get a chance to get updated on the status. I'm alright with the kids knowing about the disaster, just not OK with them seeing vivid pictures.

I am sad. Very sad.

I am thankful. So thankful.

I'm glad my kids are asleep in their beds.

I feel like crying for the mothers who are left with no homes for their babies, or even worse, no babies.

I'm thankful that my husband has work tomorrow.

I am so sad for fathers and sons who can no longer earn a wage and are left with nothing. Even less than they had before.

Human tragedy is sad. Human suffering is also sad.

I feel powerless. I feel so far away and unable to touch the sorrow and help.

But I can pray. I can always pray. So I'll pray.

1 comment:

erinlo said...

I am feeling the same way, Roberta. I so want to do something but I am just not sure what! So- I'm praying.