Thursday, April 22, 2010

My kids are now outdoor kids




We have had some absolutely balmy weather for April in Calgary. It seems so weird to be enjoying summer weather before the trees have leaves. Very eerie.

The kids have been on mission, everyday. A mission to get outside as soon as they can, and stay outside as much of the day as possible. This even involves lunch. I have put my foot down and we have not eaten supper outside yet - it isn't that warm!

I and my freckle faced English girl complexion could use a bit more indoor time but...

I haven't been keeping up with the blog or any other duties either. Just too tired by the end of the day. It wears a girl out chasing Mari around.

I've managed to get the spring yard clean up close to complete and the back garden is mostly ready to plant, minus the new section that needs dirt. I also plan to do some work on the front garden - but not too much, we have plans to build a veranda there eventually - so only temporary stuff for now.
This evening was cool and a bit rainy, I'm hoping for rain tomorrow. It has been so dry we could use some rain.

I will make an effort to blog more often and try to remember all the cute things the little people I hang with all day are up to.

2 comments:

Julie Reid said...

Beautiful pictures of the kids :)

Anonymous said...

Spring time is such a great time for kids...all the newness and exploring that goes with it. Remember all these memories as in time it won't be the same! Thanks for being so supportive to Jack and I - truly it means so much...love you guys! Gerri