Thursday, June 03, 2010

We have arrived as parents

Tonight we enjoyed (or endured) our first ever school concert. A small gym packed with several hundred parents, no fresh air and seated so as to ensure that no one can actually see their child. Our child, being part of the kindergarten class had the shortest part of the affair.

We sat through an hour and a half of children singing and saying lines. Our sons part, as a class, lasted maybe 30 seconds. I'd get my money back if I'd paid anything!

They were very cute and it was very well done. It was a school concert though.

I feel as though we have been initiated into some very special and yet totally horrible club.

In a couple weeks we have Bronwyn's first dance recital - here's to hoping that at least one ballerina goes AWOL and does something worth watching!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an anecdote for that. :-)
Hope

Brandi said...

Isn't there a lot of nose picking at those sorts of things...from the children, I mean...?

Davis Family said...

Well, Hope I think you have to share!! And Brandi, the only nose picking I saw was in the audience - unfortunately as we were so far back, we didn't get to see any kid nose picking!