Sunday, April 03, 2011

It is what it is!






So, its April 3 and we have almost a foot of fresh snow. By fresh snow, I mean that the snow from the rest of this blissful winter did not completely melt before the new stuff arrived. Well, there you have it.

Wes braved the roads yesterday. I was actually going to go out and I could not get the van off the side of the road. So I came in and asked if he could run my errands for me. He is such a good man and obviously a better driver than me. We got several inches more after that.

We had our new Irish friends, from a block or two over for supper. It was a wonderful night in.

Today we just did not have it in us to go out. So we stayed home. Gavin is still not doing so good. I see improvement by times, and then he seems to decline again. I will likely keep him home tomorrow. If he goes to school and has a hard time I am concerned it will set him back. Better safe than sorry.

I got out in the beautiful sunshine though. I went out and shoveled our walk (again), and several neighbors, including one of our elderly neighbors, who lives on a corner lot and it did not get any shovelling yesterday. Heavy heavy snow. So that counts as both my exercise and my good dead.

Bronwyn and Mari and I made spy cupcakes. Spy cupcakes are just coffee cake muffins with a special ingredient (a touch of powdered ginger) as a truth serum. When you eat one you have to tell the truth. A great spy tool.


We delivered some of our cupcakes to the neighbors while Wes push a poor delivery guy out of the deep snow. Then the girls had a snowball fight with Daddy. Mom tried to get photos, but the girls thought it was pretty funny to throw snow balls at the camera lens. And my butt. And they even tried to jam snow in my boots.

Gavin is sleeping now. I am hoping he improves. Maybe we can still have a quiet movie night with the neighbors, we will see. He did have a better night. The first in 5 nights. I actually got 7 hours of sleep. That is probably why I feel better about everything today.

It may be seasonably snowy, but I got some sleep. All is well.


2 comments:

Julie Reid said...

Love the pictures of your adorable little women. Hope Gavin kicks it with extra rest!

Drew and Erin said...

Bronwyn looks so grown up in those pics! I caught a glimpse of what she will look like when she is 17! Such sweet kiddos you have.