Friday, April 01, 2011

Sick little boy

I have a sick little boy on my hands. He has two, "very infected" ears - the doctor's words not mine. After the third sleepless night in a row, I buckled and got him in to the doctor.

It wasn't our usual doctor, but another from the same clinic. Bronwyn was really pleased with him. She said, "He looked really cool." Oh. There you are.

I always feel like I have left it too long when I take Gavin in, but to be fair to me it was only roughly 48 hours since it began, OK slightly longer, but I couldn't make an appointment yesterday evening. So first thing was the best I could do. I always feel like he's about to turn the corner. Maybe its because I'm an optimist. Maybe its because I really don't like going to the doctor (sorry Ali). Who knows?

So much for our spring break. We didn't do much last weekend, thanks to the stupid weather. As the weather improved, Gavin's health declined. He will get better soon, I am sure, and now the weather is tanking again. I'm feeling rather picked on.

Monday we will be back at it, our lovely vacation a waste of bad weather, sleepless nights and sick kids. GRRRRRRR!!!

1 comment:

Drew and Erin said...

Oh poor boy and poor mommy. Get better soon Gavin.