Thursday, April 21, 2011

A life long dream



Well, a life long "I'd like to do it."


My mommy group, as we call it, got together last night. I thought it would be the normal eating and visiting, but Julie pulled out a craft. NO NOT A CRAFT! To my delight it was all the necessary tools to do traditional Easter eggs. I have always wanted to do this and never had a chance. In fact, I felt rather smug because I knew it was something that Wes would also love to do, but for once I got to do it first!


At one point I said, as we sat around a table waxing eggs and visiting and laughing, that this is what all the old country ladies were likely doing a hundred years ago. It made me feel connected to history, even if it isn't my own.


I love these gals. I feel privileged to spend an evening with such a group of intelligent, passionate, and talented ladies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is on my wish list too! Let me know how easy it is, I would love to try it. I love the picture of yours...Happy Easter to all your families! Gerri & Jack

Julie Reid said...

They turned out beautifully :)Thanks for the evening of Mom chit chat and historical moments ;)

Drew and Erin said...

Wow...you are talented. These look great!

erinlo said...

So beautiful, Roberta. Having a cool group of women to do stuff like that with makes life a little easier, doesn't it?

Angela said...

Wow, beautiful!!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

they are so beautiful! I got to do this craft in 5th or 7th grade. It is a memory that I have always treasured. There was something very connecting with using the strange tools, wax and seeing the colors appear on the egg. Mine didn't come out near as pretty, in fact I can't even remember what it looked like, but that image of making it is in my mind forever.