Friday, April 29, 2011

Wedding thoughts

It is supper time. Wes has taken the kids out of the house, to get something to eat. Mommy is not cooking tonight and the kids were making me crazy! So Daddy to the rescue. I may not admit it to him often, but I am married to one very fine man.

So I am watching clips from the royal wedding. It reminds me of my own. I mean, who wouldn't think of their own wedding at such a time. Although, I think I could have used a bit more money to throw at our wedding. I mean, if I had at least a million (not the lofty 70 million I heard estimated for Will & Kate's), just a measly million, wow, what we could have done. It makes our day feel a bit shabby. There wasn't even a crowd waving at us as we drove down Deerfoot after the wedding. Humph!

Bronwyn was watching a wee bit this morning before the kid's shows came on. She thought the bride was very pretty. I replied, "That young lady there landed one very large fish!" I thought internally, and she landed a very large responsibility and public life too. I wish her well with that.

Oh well. My memories of my wedding are wonderful and I am so happy with my life. I don't live in a glass palace, a real blessing when you come down to it.

I do wish them well and I truly hope they have a happy marriage and life together. After all money and position can't buy you happiness, although... it could speed up the renovations (I'm kidding!!).

No comments: