Monday, September 12, 2011

Davis family adventures

Life just doesn't seem to be slowing down. The kids are busy with school. In fact, Gavin was sick on the weekend so I kept him home today but he must go tomorrow. It is picture day and we must commemorate grade two even if he looks washed out and miserable!

Wes' new adventure has us all hopping. He has purchased a house to fix up and sell. I'm a ball of nerves to say the least. Our Irish friend Shaun helped him take down two huge spruce trees on the weekend. Shaun had a landscape company in Ireland so he knew a fair bit more than Wes, such a relief for me. There were a few mishaps but there was no serious damage or injury - again Whew!

I've been busy making phone calls and getting things sorted out today. Wes almost has the plans ready, he hopes to take them in tomorrow for approval. We are getting closer to really getting moving.

I'll be keeping a blog for Wes on the adventures of this new little house. If you wish to follow along here is the link - Rehab this House.

I have big plans here too. I want to make some head way at home. Get a bit more done on our front yard project. Get some dirt for my back garden (I was promised this in the spring - not to sound bitter or anything). I want to put some curtains up in our room and maybe even, and I can't believe I'm saying this, hang a picture or two. In fact, there are boxes I have never unpacked under my bed. So maybe even find homes for that stuff. But, I expect even though I may draw up lists and make detailed plans my projects will end up at the bottom of the pile. That is where they always end up.

I am so excited for Wes, this is something he has wanted to do for a long time. I am confident he will do a super great job. And he promised me when its finished he will do some of my projects. Hmmm - we will see.

The fall is always a time for new starts and new adventures. It is also my favourite time of year. Bring it on!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hello,
I came across your website and found your articles on your family and travel interesting. I just had a couple of questions so if you could e-mail me back that would be great!