Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday evening thoughts

This was a lovely weekend. A lovely sunny, first day of real spring/summer kind of weekend. We enjoyed it so much. The grass is getting greener, the leaves are really starting to pop out and the neighborhood seems to be waking up from hibernation. All weekend long I could here lawn mowers going.

We did however, hear some very bad news pertaining to some friends of ours and our lovely weekend has been tainted with grief.

I am so blessed and tonight I am very keenly conscious of our blessings. My heart hurts, my spirit is heavy and my mind is whirling. And yet, for us life chugs on... and for that we are very grateful.

Part of wisdom is, I think, learning to grieve and share sorrows with others while still managing to celebrate our own joys and gifts. Life is a weird, wonderful and often scary thing, coming to terms with that and staying the course is tricky but necessary.

God bless you all. May God give us all strength to carry our various burdens and to rise to our own struggles. And lets make the road more pleasant by walking together.

My apologies for the lack of cohesiveness in my thoughts tonight. My mind really is a jumble.

2 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Peace to you and especially to your friends. May they find some measure of comfort through your and other's friendship.

Davis Family said...

Thanks Angela! God bless you and yours too.