Sunday, May 06, 2012

Sunday morning rambles

It is Sunday morning. We are preparing to go to church. We don't always go to church. We sometimes meet with other friends and or family in fellowship, more private and intimate. But today we will go.
The kids are all ready. We have been up for, thanks to Gavin, several hours now. Wes slept in. My husband is very tired these days and I rejoice when he can get a wee bit extra rest.
Last week was not a normal week for me. My head just wasn't in the game. I blame it on a very busy weekend. Last weekend I drove to Edmonton to attend a cardiology conference. It amazes me how doing this, while super informative and helpful, also drags me into the world of "what ifs" and the reality of Bronwyn's condition. I cultivate a place for my family where we don't concentrate on this, where we forget. We have the luxury of forgetting.
I also did some reading. We all froze our butts off at soccer and we ran from activity to activity. The house project also had its fair share of drama.
Life's pressures sometimes weigh so hard, sometimes they just seem a bother, other times I'm reminded they are a gift.

We wait and watch while friends struggle through their own battles, several friends, all different, all serious, all well loved.
Family time is precious. We aren't big on outings and family events. This likely starts with me. I hate going places like the zoo. But, we do treasure our time, we just maybe do it differently than many others.
I know this week will be better. I rested this weekend. My head will be far more in the game this week. I'm thankful for that, but I am also thankful for last week. The reflections, the thouhts, the ignoring of all the housework.
Refocus and remember where my path lies and who I have my eyes fixed on.

God is good.

1 comment:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Seems like we were all hit with the blahs at the same time. I've never really struggled with depression, but this weekend has just seemed like such a downer, wondering again why we are here, who may become close friends and who to share our spiritual lives with... it's a journey and I guess we can't always be on the mountain top, but some times are lonelier than others. Yes, staying focused on Christ is the key- I mean who I am to be down when so many are dealing with REAL struggles and burdens. We are so blessed in a trillion ways.