Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fall days

I haven't written for several days as we seem to be very busy. I am happy to report that our business is no different than the business of any family with two young children. We haven't had any "real" scares or situations yet. And we have done our duty with all the medical visits last week. This week should be open for socializing.

For those of you who are wondering if I intend to keep blogging - well I do - just not as often. I started it so that I could efficiently communicate with everyone who would want keep up to date with Bronwyn's progress. Trust me I had no idea of how many people fell into this camp - and we are thankful for each and everyone of you. I found out quickly that it was an effective way to share photos and stories with family and relatives some of whom are very difficult to communicate with because of the miles that are between us. We can also keep everyone up to date with Bronwyn's progress but many of you are in a position to see us weekly or call us occasionally.

My big worry these days with Bronwyn is her weight gain. It is an ongoing and crazy process. One night she is up 100 grams the next she losses. The Doctors keep saying we are looking for steady and progressive growth over the long term not individual nights. But boy of boy how this nightly weigh in affects my attitude. If she's up I am thrilled and all is well. If she is down I am looking for signs of low oxygen levels or signs of a cold or heart failure. It is important that I keep a close eye on her and watch her symptoms but I have to learn to figure out what is real and what is fear based. I am sure the better she does over time the more confident I will get.

Gavin is doing great - he is at this moment sleeping in his own bed!! Yeah! Not sure if he will stay there - but we are please that he went down (second attempt) fairly easy. He is such a funny little guy - he keeps our spirits up. He is talking more and more too.

We are thankful for so much. For all the stress and concern we have had over the last few months we are still totally thrilled with our family and our life. Our little girl is such a great addition to our family. I couldn't have a better husband - he is a perfect match for all my imperfections - he suits me well.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and may God bless you all as richly as he has our family.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I visited with your mom and dad yesterday and got an update on Bronwyn's progress. I'm glad that the operation went well and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Seeing pictures of your two remind me of Ivan and Dominique (Angela's two kids) who are about the same ages. Keep up the good work. Love Ian