Sunday, October 29, 2006

A quiet moment



I am sitting in our little office area right now. The tv is off, the radio is off, Gavin is sleeping, Bronwyn is sleeping and Wes is having a nap. All I can hear is the hum of the refrigerator. Wow! This is a precious moment. My soul feels serene. This so great as the last few days have been anything but serene. We had Gavin's birthday party yesterday. It was great fun but definitely not serene.

I have included a couple pictures.

I would ask that you all continue to pray for baby Quinn. He is stable for now but they are praying that he doesn't run into any other complications before they get a heart. He has shown himself to be a strong little man, but the waiting has not been without difficulty and it is very wearing on his health and on his family. I think of Kim and family so much. Most parents can think "That could be us." But you don't really understand how narrow the margins are that separate healthy babies from babies with complications.

I can say this however, that even through Bronwyn and Quinn were born with heart defects they have already made a huge impact on their families and all that know them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there you guys. It's good to read that you're all doing so well, and managing to lead a "normal" life again. No doubt your experiences over the past few months will have given new meaning to "normality". I think back to the days when our girls were in the under-5 bracket with great delight. So much to learn, so much for them to experience as they "help" mom in the kitchen or dad in the garage! Love to you all

Anonymous said...

hi-I have been silently reading your entries. Sometimes I remember to print something for Jenna. Y'all are in our thoughts and prayers. It is wonderful to see the progression of health and faith evident in your words.
tom & jenna
(i use small letters for my name to show my humility.)