Saturday, April 28, 2007

Grandma is the boss

Apparently Mommy is not quite the top boss. I discovered this the other day when having a "discussion" (argument) with my son. We had been outside and he came in reluctantly and started to make demands once indoors. Here is how it went.

me - Do you want water?
Gavin - I want izecream.
me - no.
Gavin - izecream.
me - no not now, maybe later when Dad gets home. You can have frozen yogurt now.
Gavin - (by now eating his frozen yogurt) izecream too.
me - not now.
Gavin - go freezer izecream.
me - no (still remarkable calm - as you can imagine)
Gavin - izecream NOW!
me - no. And you do not talk to your mom like that.
Gavin - Lemme talk to Gamma!

What are you going to do!


2 comments:

Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lin said...

Sorry, I am not sure what I did with my original comment. What I was saying was that Harley has a great relationship with my parents from when we lived close and still calls them down south when she is in trouble. She calls to try and get me in trouble. What are you going to do, I end up getting on the phone to defend myself! Too funny!