Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wow what a week

It has been quite a busy week for us. Gavin wasn't feeling very well last Thursday and Friday - but then he seemed to perk up Saturday. So Mom and I started out with the kids for Estevan. We stopped in Swift Current and Gavin had a bad night again - bad fever and a lot of whining and complaining.

We carried on and on Sunday when we arrived in Estevan I called to see if there was a clinic at the hospital as I saw spots at the back of his throat. They directed me to the emergency room at 8 pm when a doctor was scheduled. He looked at Gavin and said is was just a cold.

That night Gavin was no better - high fever and much complaining. The next day (the day of Grandpa's funeral) he did OK, but he definitely wasn't himself. Monday night same drill. We decided Tuesday morning to travel with Dad, Jon and Shibu and see how far we could get. We got all the way to Langdon - the kids did great, but the last hour was a nightmare! Jon drove my car for me - don't think he'll be doing that again soon.

I got Gavin into see his doctor on Wednesday afternoon and he has strep throat and the makings of an ear infection. Poor little guy! POOR MOMMY!

The funeral was lovely. I felt it was a lovely tribute to a man that I saw as invincible. He was a man of faith to the end and it showed in the lives of his children and grandchildren.

Sheena arrived yesterday, as she had a book signing and launch in Calgary. It was great to spend time with her here in Alberta - she loves Alberta it brings out the best in her.

So the agenda for now is catch up on sleep and get the kids healthy.

1 comment:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

sorry I missed you and seeing your kids. a round of hugs to you all, get well-- xoxox